Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Monday Morning Thoughts(On Another Tuesday)

I apologize for another day-late post. I'm on vacation right now and just getting a chance to collect my thoughts. This past weekend was unbelievable. Bonfires, shows, seeing old friends, and a day-trip to an old town where my Grandmother grew up...life is good.

* Music still remains such a mystery to me...Yesterday I spent 2 hours working on a new song and made very little progress. Then my brother and I started fooling around on the guitar and piano for 5 minutes and BAM!... we have a song we're both really excited about called "Better Days." I'll never figure music out, and in a way...I think that's the best thing about it.

* I truly believe that Monopoly teaches you everything you need to know about a person and life. I played it with family and friends about 5 times this weekend(we party) and had forgotten how much I enjoy that game. Competition, deals, chances, BOARDWALK, Free Parking, fighting, forgiveness, laughter, hatred(for 10 minutes), greed, stamina, love(money), and on and on. WHAT A GAME!  I'm a fairly terrible loser during board games so I apologize to my family and friends for the swearing and derogatory comments. I do actually love you Mom.

*I'll write about this more in an upcoming post, but 2nd Spin Records is now carrying my first album "Oxford Street" in their store! I'm gonna go back and take a picture of it on the shelf in a week because...holy shit I have a record in a store! I'm so thankful for everything that's happened in music thus far and try not to take even these little things for granted. Please feel free to go purchase one if you're in the Costa Mesa area :)

* WARNING: EMO MOMENT...I was on a road in the middle of the desert this weekend and noticed that the view in my rearview mirror looked exactly the same as the view out my windshield. How often can we say that in life? EMO MOMENT OVER.

* I'm performing at a "Special Event" this weekend. I won't say what it is yet because it's supposed to be a surprise...but I think it'll be pretty comical and a lot fun. I'll let you know about it next week.

* Now that I have a full band, people have asked me if I'll change the name of the band for live shows. So instead of  just "Dan Krikorian", maybe "The Dan Krikorian Band"  or "Dan Krikorian and the (fill in the blank). I guess we'll see what we come up with. I feel like my band is trying to overthrow me but that may just be me.

* I'm heading to the studio as soon as I'm done with this post. I'll be doing the vocals on about 3 songs today, which will move us ever closer to the completion of the album. 

Have a great week everyone.


"The poem the reader reads may be better than that which the writer wrote. 
Try to make things that can become better than what you thought you were doing."

  -Brian Eno


No comments:

Post a Comment