Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Monday Morning Thoughts(Sorry I was in Vegas)

I know I'm late, and I'm sorry. But I was in Las Vegas til Monday night so I hope I get a bit of a pass and you can forgive me...


* I think that 2 days in Vegas is the perfect amount of time for me. Just enough to get in and have a good time...and short enough so I don't do anything too stupid (Like say, put all my money on Red and let it ride. I was probably one drink away from that).

* I did run into a few NBA players this weekend(we frequent the same hot spots) because the NBA Summer League was in town. I talked to Hasheem Thabeet, saw Earl Boykins gambling at the $500 minimum table ALL WEEKEND, and my brother gambled with Darren Collison.

* I don't know which was hotter in Vegas...the temperature(110 degrees)...or my friend Zach in his salmon(PINK) colored button down shirt with 3 buttons undone, exposing his freshly burnt chest. I could have also started this sentence with "What did we complain about more this weekend"? or " What are 2 things women try to get away from in Vegas"?

* My friend Pat requested "Kick Away the Blues" to the DJ on Saturday night and the guy looked at him like he had no idea what he was talking about. Vegas is so behind the times.

* We had a brief "Hangover" type of moment went we lost Zach on Sunday night. We didn't go looking for him because we all figured his shirt got him arrested for "Disturbing the Peace."

*  I told the Black Jack dealer that I was going to "count cards" when I got to the table. I proceeded to lose my $40 in 2 hands. I never said I was good at counting cards.

* On a non-Vegas note...we have 2 shows this week...the first is tomorrow night at the Doll Hut in Anaheim. And the 2nd is on Sunday at The Blue Cafe in Long Beach at 7:30pm.

Have a great rest of the week!


"My own thing is in my head. I hear sounds and if I don't get them together, nobody else will."
 Jimi Hendrix




1 comment:

  1. zach seems like he was quite the MVP of this trip :)

    ReplyDelete